With a name like Winterhaven you’d perhaps believe that indeed, there would be some sort of succor from this northern weather. But no, just another town. Barely that, more of an outpost. A handful of buildings huddled against the hostile northern environs. I suppose there are more people here, in the farms in the area but that’s not the city. At lest it’s not caravan work though. Missions directly from the Lord Mayor of Fallcrest, and the high priestess of Erathis! This is where it starts. Glory, gold, companions to watch your back as you lay into your foes. Perhaps these northern lands won’t be all bad.
The King’s Road
- Another day to Winterhaven. Just as we reach the gate’s a young dwarf (Alric) runs up asking for help. We help, rescue his father (Terrik Sabanar), kill kobolds, enter the city.
- 135 xp. 30sp (7 each, 2 to the Inn keeper), +1 resounding war hammer (to Glorala)
- See Lord Padaig. Wishes us to investigate the Kobold troubles. SE waterfall lair? Promises a 100gp reward.
- Go to Inn. Meet Ninaran (stand offish elven ranger) who gives us a map to the waterfall. Speak to Eilian the farmer, who is an old human with many stories of the area. He tells us of the dragon’s burial site to the SW (supposedly). Talk to Valthrun the sage, talks of random books, the Lizard men to the north that are likely long dead.
- Douvan Staul was here a few weeks ago, supposedly headed to the dragon’s burial site.